About the Firm
Our work includes counseling our clients in connection with their projects, legal issues and problems, large and small, both domestically and internationally. Our lawyers are experienced in drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts in the following areas:
- Upstream oil and gas and mineral exploration, development and production
- LNG liquefaction, marine transportation, purchases and sales, regasification, and downstream marketing and sales, including pipeline transportation
- Oil and gas gathering, purchasing, selling and distribution
- Oil field services, including drilling contracts, indemnity agreements, offshore platform construction and pipeline construction
- Joint Operating Agreements, Farm Out and Farm In Agreements,
- Mergers and acquisitions in the Natural Resource industries
- Inward and outward bound direct investments of all types
- Maritime matters and offshore structures including the purchase, sale, chartering and financing of conventional vessels, LNG tankers, jack-up and semi-submersible drilling rigs, drill ships, FPSOs, FSRUs, crew boats, work boats, barges, tugs and support vessels.
- Coastwise trade, Cabotage and Jones Act issues and regulatory structuring matters
- Financing and financing related issues for lenders and borrowers alike
- Project development
- International sales and distribution
- International comparative law
Our clients include small, mid-size and large corporations, independent and major oil companies, drilling contractors, oil field service providers, lenders, sponsors and developers of greenfield and brownfield projects, foreign investors and other law firms. We work closely with in-house counsel and management in the implementation of the matters for which we are engaged. Although our lawyers can and regularly do handle large projects, we are also happy to work on small projects or even pieces of projects with the goal of making life easier for our clients.
Our lawyers are available on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis to serve the needs of our clients. Our philosophy is to provide our clients with large law firm expertise for the areas in which we practice while, at the same time, providing the personal service of a small firm at competitive fees.